Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:06 — 23.9MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode of CHATTINN CYBER, Marc Schein interviews Jeff Cohen, Senior Vice President of Zywave and former President of Advisen. In November 2020, Zywave acquired Advisen, the leading provider of data, media, and technology solutions for casualty insurance markets. Jeff led Advisen’s strategies for Global Business Development and for the company’s Data and Media businesses and resources.
As a sales and marketing executive, Jeff Cohen has over thirty years of experience in data management, data analytics, media, and news business aimed towards insurance and financial sectors. Jeff joined Advisen in 2003 after spending over 15 years at Bloomberg in North American Sales.
Jeff currently serves as a board member for the Spencer Educational Foundation which funds scholarships, internships, and grants for undergraduate and graduate students who will be tomorrow’s risk management and insurance leaders. Additionally, he serves as a board member of the Center for Hearing and Communication, a non-profit agency that serves all people with hearing loss.
Most recently, Advisen was acquired by Zywave, an insurance agency software company used by over15,000 insurance agencies. Zywave offers Advisen a level of scale with coinciding talent, media capabilities, and supportive infrastructure benefiting the company and the service providers, brokers, and clients that Advisen serves. Jeff and many others believe that cyber is constantly moving at the speed of light making it a space that is always adapting and needing change.
Advisen’s Annual Cyber Risk Insights Conference is one of the major cyber conference series. Advisen’s Cyber Risk Awards event has also become one of the most prestigious awards in the cyber risk community.
- Meet the Guest – Jeff Cohen [00:31]
- How did Advisen grow to become one of the leading organizations in the world? [01:02]
- What led to partnering Advisen with Zywave? [05:04]
- What is Advisen’s role within cyber? [06:57]
- Where Jeff Cohen feels that future of cyber will be? [06:57]
- How is cyber different from other lines of business? [10:34]
- How has Advisen’s Annual Advising Conference has become a major cyber event globally? [14:11]
- Is there anything I should Have Asked you Today That I Didn’t? [23:02]
- Closing Thoughts [25:37]